Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Deleted Scene - Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Did you see the awesome interview Lisa posted the other day with Jessica Shirvington? Well now that you know a little of the woman behind the books, here's your chance for a sneak peek at the first novel! One you won't find in the book, because Jessica has treated us to an special deleted scene from chapter 1 of Embrace!

Excited? Read on for the chapter, it gets BETTER! Embrace is the first book in the Violet Eden Chapters, the first 3 are already released in Australia. UK have recently published Embrace and now the US are catching on to the brilliant talent we hold down under! The first book will be released in the US on March 1st 2012. Plus it's up on Book Depository, so no matter where you live, you have no excuse not to read these heavenly good books!


 Deleted scene from Chapter 1 of Embrace


When I reached the oval we use for all our boxing sessions, I caught sight of him first – leaning against a huge old oak tree – and I slowed, indulging in a few moments to admire his athletic body in black sweats and white sleeveless tee. Trust me, it deserved the acknowledgement.

As I walked toward him, dried fallen leaves crunched under my feet. He turned, his green eyes so startlingly clear they reminded me of stained glass with sun shining through from behind. They were without doubt his most beautiful feature. I often wondered if he could see how awestruck I was. If he did, he never showed it.

‘About time. Anyone would think you’re scared of getting beat,’ he teased.

‘Hello to you, too,’ I replied, throwing my bag on the ground by the tree.

He clapped his hands together and pointed to his towel laid out on the grass. ‘Come on then, start stretching.’

I tied my hair into a ponytail, sat down and started to stretch. ‘I think what you meant to say was – how was your day, Violet?’

His expression morphed into a smile sending goose bumps up my arms. ‘You’re right,’ he said, sweeping into an elaborate mock bow. ‘How was your day, dear?’

Lincoln sailed through the warm-up drills, barely breaking a sweat at things that left me hurting for days. I kept expecting him to find a more suitable sparring lieutenant, particularly of late, since he’d seemed so aggravated by my efforts. Today was no exception.

‘You have to kick me properly, Vi,’ he said, irritation leaking from his tone. I’d held back at the final moment, again, and he knew it.

‘So kill me for not wanting to hurt you.’ God, I sounded like such a girl, but I couldn’t stand the idea of him in pain.

He stared out over the oval, hands on hips, purposely not looking at me. ‘Then maybe we shouldn’t bother...’ His words hung in the air.

Had he finally decided I was too weak?

‘Fine.’ I said defiantly, taking up position. Lincoln stood, waiting with a dubious expression. I delivered a round kick. He dodged easily, but it was the flicker if disappointment in his eyes that did it.

Suddenly, I was in motion. This time, my round kick made contact. And I followed on by sweeping low to take his feet out from under him. He fell flat on his back and I clasped a hand over my mouth.

Lincoln rolled onto his hands and knees. ‘Oh my God! Are you okay?’ I gasped, close to full hysteria.

He coughed and put a finger in the air and when he straightened I saw that he was chuckling away to himself.

‘What’s so funny? I almost knocked you out!’

The rumble in his chest turned hearty. ‘Not today, Vi.’ Such a male response it almost had me lose my temper, but before I could he added, ‘But maybe ... one day.’ Then, he grabbed me around the waist, picked me up, and swung me in the air, still laughing. ‘I’ve been trying to get you to do that for months!’

Why it was so important to him that I be able to kick the crap out of someone was beyond me. I couldn’t help smile though. Now that I knew he wasn’t hurt I could agree – it had been a brilliant move.


Yep, Violet definitely sounds badass! And I find it kinda sexy when the heroine and love interest are able to physically fight each other in novels. Not in the beat-you-up kind of way, but the we-both-kickbutt-so-let's-train-together kind of way, you know? HOT! Does this deleted scene make you want to run out and grab a copy of the book?

O
Oooh a letter! Save it to win some yummy prizes in the Scavenger Hunt!

Full schedule of events can be found HERE. Just by commenting on this post (and filling out the form on the Intro page) you can win some HOT prize packs!

34 comments:

  1. OH HOW I WISH I've read this series! Shirvington is an Aussie author which means she rocks! <3 But I totally need to read this series. The deleted scene is so AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing this with us, Brodie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you might be lucky and win the series in one of our AU prize packs!! I'm loving all these deleted scenes and teasers, makes me just want to drop everything and run out to grab a copy :)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh I need to read these books as well Celine. <3 I have them sitting on my shelf at least. It's always such a plus when it's an Aussie author. ;) ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Celine. I haven't read any of the Embrace books but after reading that I find myself wanting to. Badly. Guess I'll have to give them a shot soon. Plus.....gotta love Aussie authors!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aussie authors FTW!! I love seeing homegrown talent make it big and Jessica is beginning to take readers by storm worldwide :D

      Delete
    2. Totally agree! I LOVE when we've got an Aussie author who writes simply AMAZINGLY. Not all the talent can go to the US and UK! :P

      Delete
  3. Ugh, this is so amazing! I'm definitely reading this in the near future!

    "And I find it kinda sexy when the heroine and love interest are able to physically fight each other in novels"
    I'm the same! Not only in books, but in tv/films. SO HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Books, tv, films - they're the kind of scenes I reread or rewatch a hundred times over before moving on because *fans self* hello sexy. Like Rose and Dimitri... especially in Shadow Kiss ;)

      Violent and Lincoln sound amazing, right?!

      Delete
  4. Another deleted scene! This was one was especially nice, these scenes should have all been in the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree!! An editor must have an incredibly difficult job, since so many of thee deleted scenes I've read are just as swoony as the published content. How to choose what to cut?!

      Delete
  5. Eeeeeeeep!! I absolutely ADORED Embrace, and Lincoln and Violet together made up one of the reasons why -- so this was just so much fun to read! <3 Sometimes I really don't understand why some scenes need to be taken out LOL. I would've loved to have this scene on the book on my shelf! x)

    Looooooooooooveeeeeeed this, Brodie! Each time I think February can't get better, you top it! It's unhealthy to be this excited before school, I think LOL! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I get that stories need to be tightened or edited or just shortened because there's too many words, but psssh, we want MORE!! Enough is never enough for the stories we love :D

      Awwww thanks Mimi!! We hope to keep up the swoony lovefest throughout the entire month! And I suffer that same problem when I read your posts late at night or early morning haha <3

      Delete
  6. I've only read the first book of this series. Anyway great deleted scene! I really must hurry up in reading book 2 and 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupidly I have a copy of Enticed and Emblaze, but NOT Embrace! NEED to change this soon, super excited to read this series and with all the gushing Lisa does about it, I need to catch up asap :D

      Delete
  7. Yes, this scene definitely makes me want a copy of this book. I'm really eager to read it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this book sounds cool! I really need to check it out. Thanks for the deleted scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that DEFINITELY makes me want to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for Embrace now, it sounds amazing! Plus, all three of those covers are gorgeous! I love them all. Thanks for the great post :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah! Thank you for posting that deleted scene! I <3 Lincoln so much and that scene was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought a copy of Embrace from my local 2nd hand book store, I'm looking forward to reading it soon.

    Mands

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously have no idea why I keep passing this up whenever I see it at a bookstore! It sounds sooo good and this scene was amazing and funny and witty <3 I'm already really liking Violet's character even though this isn't even in the book! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEAH BABY! Kick his butt! Girl power! Oh, and love scene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, the alien boy next door can flick his hand and save his gf protagonist from other aliens. Plus, he's hot. Why don't these guys ever live beside me???

    And as for the hottie in "Embrace"---you have to look good, if you CAN look good in a pair of black sweats and a white tee.

    BTW, did I mention, I have an affinity with men that have green eyes?

    Thanks,
    Zara D. Garcia-Alvarez
    Email: zgarcia(dot)garcia(at)gmail(dot)com
    On Twitter: @Zaraalexis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhh! Oh my gosh. <3 This was awesome. Totally agreeing with you there Brodie, when the heroine and the hero are kick-ass and can fight and be kick-ass together, it's pretty damn awesome.

    I NEED to read these books! Unfortunately the only one I have at the moment is Enticed. Need to get my hands on #1 and #3! After hearing all Lisa had to say about it, I definitely need to read it.

    Thanks for revealing the deleted scene! February is turning into an amazing month thanks to this event. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the deleted scene. Now I totally have to read the series!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow. And that was deleted from the first chapter? Gotta love a book with a kick-ass heroine. Annnnd another book to add to the top of the pile. I added Hunting Lila when I read the deleted scene through this event. Just finished it. LOVED it. Hopfully this will be another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah I can't wait for it to be released in the US! I love it when girls can literally kick ass and they seem like a wonderful couple. But not a couple I would want to piss off because they can both totally take me on, haha. Violet sounds like a great character. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. i hope to be able to get my hand on this book one day. it seems really good

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome deleted scene. Love girls that can hold their own in a fight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, she is kick ass! I hope one day she does beat him, haha! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice! I really wanna read this book now! And the Australian cover's way prettier, in my opinion. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, go Violet! :D I'm in the middle of reading this right now and I have to say, I'm kind of torn between Lincoln and Phoenix! They're both pretty awesome but... gahh! I'm not sure yet. This is definitely swaying me in favour of Linc though!

    Okay, Sonia *deep breath* The book will still be there later. You can wait a while before going back to read. Lincooooooooln, I'm coming for youuu! Wonderful, wonderful scene!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Why have i not stumbled across this earlier?! Man, i wish i had a guy like Linc ):

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates