Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Deleted scene - Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel

I am SO excited to be sharing a super special scene with you all today. Lia Habel, the gorgeous and ever so talented author of the zombie steampunk novel DEARLY, DEPARTED has offered us a deleted scene between Bram and Nora from the sequel, DEARLY, BELOVED. I am sad that it's been cut, because ANY scene between this couple gives me a serious case of swoonage. They are so adorable!

If you haven't read Dearly, Departed, you are SO MISSING OUT! This was one of my favourite novels of 2011, you can check out my review here. Lia has crafted such an amazingly creative and vivid futuristic world, blending the 18th century with modern times and.... zomibes? Never did I think I would fall for a sweet, zombie boy :)


Deleted Scene - Dearly, Beloved

“So, what do you feel like today?”

“Not fruit,” Nora Dearly groaned. “Anything but fruit. Between what we’ve found and all those army rations we carted back from Z-Beta…seriously, why were the rations all fruit?”

“Pro-carb policy. Recruits used to get into the meat and jerky rations. Like oversized cockroaches.” Smiling, I poked the girl I was courting – me. Dead. Courting gorgeous little living doll. It was still weird – in the shoulder. “Pick something.”

Swinging her legs against the water-soaked side of the Black Alice – the Punk airship we were still living on in the middle of the jungle, though in a few days, we’d be leaving everything behind for New Victoria – Nora considered. Behind us her zombified father worked at his papers, occasionally giving us an “I see you” glance. Nothing too severe. “Nuts? Would there be any nut trees around here?”

Shutting my eyes, I tried to go farm boy zen, and to indulge my heightened senses. There were ten billion smells in the wilderness, so many that none reigned supreme – but then, from far off, I got a tinge of nutrient-rich soil. It reminded me of the time my mother had planted almonds on our farm. “Maybe.” Without saying another word, I headed for the gangplank. I heard Nora talking to Dr. Dearly, and then running after me.

For a while we both walked in silence, just enjoying the time alone. Although he didn’t seem to mind if we touched one another chastely, or talked about any subject, Dr. Dearly usually insisted we stay near the ship. Every fifth day or so, though, he’d give me a knowing glance and turn a blind eye. Apparently today was one of our good days.

“I think it makes me sick in the head,” Nora said at length, “but I kind of like watching you play hunter. It’s very male. ‘Me man! Me am provide for woman!’”

Snorting, I replied, “Man corpse, am not need eat. Girl am need eat. Is logic, not misogyny. Of course…” I peered at her. “Man could am eat girl.”

For an instant horror seeped into Nora’s expression, her almond-shaped eyes opening wide – but then she cracked up laughing. “I am not even going theeeere,” she shrieked, running into the trees ahead of us.

The thing that’d made me sit up after dying two years ago, the Laz, itched a part of my brain whenever she did that. I had no choice but to give chase.
 _______




Aren't they ADORABLE?! Oh gosh. I cannot wait to get my hands on the sequel for more Nora and Bram! Forget everything you thought you knew about zombies, Lia Habel will completely alter your perspective. Go grab yourself a copy asap!



G
Collect the lonely letter and enter the Scavenger Hunt!

Full schedule of events can be found HERE. Fill out the Comment Form and every comment you make earns entries into yummy prize packs! 

30 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME deleted scene! I have read Dearly Departed a bit, but I have to catch up with my review copies so I have to put it off for a while. Even though I haven't finish D, D, I'm already dying to read Dearly Beloved! I've been hearing great things about Bram as well! <3 Thank you for sharing this with us, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CELINEEEEEEEE!!! Oh gosh, I want you to read this so badly. I really think you'll love it. But I understand how review copies can uh, kinda topple our TBR's at times haha.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this scene shouldn't have been deleted:) The book would have been even a bigger bag of awesomeness with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Dearly, Beloved isn't out yet, but I would love for this scene to make the final pages. So cute.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Dearly Departed, but after reading this might just have to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick up a copy, Rebecca! These two are the perfect Valentine's treat <3

      Delete
  4. N'awww, so cute! I so need to buy Dearly, Departed and get reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes!! I give my personal Brodie Guarantee you will love it! (Uh, I think. Let's hope haha).

      Delete
  5. why deleted this scene...(sometimes i really don't understand ^^)i liked it so perhaps i will try the book ( i was afraid it would be too dark and sad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you MUST read Dearly, Departed! It is absolutely amazing and had me laughing so many times. The banter between Bram and his friends is hilarious thing to watch. And he is possibly the sweestest zombie boy IN THE WORLD <3 I so adore this book.

      Delete
  6. I tend to like my Zombies, where I'm running from them. haha! But I might have to give this book a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so bookmarking this for when I've read it! Which will be SUPER soon. I can't waitttt. I think it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute! ^_^ I loved Dearly, Departed, can't wait to read the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this series! Can't wait for Dearly, Beloved! Very awesome :)

    ~Mag @ Geek Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is SOOOOO cute! In a kind of weird, 'uhhh, he's a CORPSE?' kind of way? XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, definitely adorable!! Why is this deleted??? Can't wait for the sequel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHY WAS THIS SCENE DELETED??? Oh my gosh, I honestly don't understand how this adorable and sweet and totally swoon-worthy could've been omitted! x) I loved Bram and Nora so much together in Dearly, Departed and this excerpt just made me more excited for Dearly, Beloved. I can't wait!!! :)

    Every time I think Valentine's Day has reached its maximum awesome, you prove me wrong! Thank you so much for this, Brodie! ;) <33

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea - posting a deleted scene. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, man. I'm so behind on all these posts :S Stupid TAFE. Doesn't it know I have other important things to be worrying about. Like fawning over all these incredible treats!

    This was soooo awesome!! I LOVED Dearly Departed and can't wait for the Dearly Beloved. Plus, Lia was so amazing when I interviewed her last year ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, I thought the book was in the view point of Nora? Well, this is great. A guy point a view! Too bad it's a deleted scene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bram and Nora are so cuuute here! This has me super excited for Dearly, Beloved! Lia creates some really amazing characters, especially the kickass female's and I seriously can't wait to read about them again <3 Awesome deleted scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh I need to read Dearly Departed! It sounds SO amazing. I think I prefer the US cover to the UK cover, but since I shop at Book Depository I won't have much choice when I buy it. ;)

    BUT ARGH. This scene was awesome. <3 Never mind the fact that I barely know what's going on since I haven't read the first book but still amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh! I have Dearly, Departed, but I've yet to read it. You make it sound awesome though! You Valentine's Event has been dictating what I've been reading lately; I just read SPOLAFS, about to start Fated, and I think Unearthly will be next. Maybe Dearly, Departed after :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Unfortunately, I haven't read it yet, but this deleted scene is seriously making me reconsider. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to read Dearly, Departed before Dearly, Beloved comes out. I have it, but I havn't read it and I think its because I keep forgetting I have it (prob because its an ebook) And I know I am missing out. Zombie steampunk? Yes Please.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lia, this was so amazingly cute and wonderful and... now I seriously can't wait for Dearly, Beloved. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read this one yet but I definitely want to, especially after that scene! Sounds awesome, thanks for the amazing post :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aaah, I so wanna read this so badly! That's it, I'm getting a copy of Dearly, Departed. It looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I reckon both books are pretty decent. I'll need some more spoilers, or something, to convince me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great scene! I'm kinda into zombie books now. So I'll pretty soon come around to read this one, too. :)
    Btw, I want a same parasol Nora has on the cover so bad. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates