Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Guest Post & Teaser - The Catastrophic History of You and Me

EEEE. LADIES. AND. GENTS. You saw my review of The Catastrophic History of You and Me, right? So you know how squeeful and gushy I am over this amazing novel. Lisa also finished reading it last night and we were having a midnight "OMG!" chat after she had uncovered all the secrets :) So you will understand that it's with much fangirlish delight that I welcome Jess Rothenberg to our lovefest to talk about her achingly beautiful novel!

She not only teasers us with a sigh-worthy excerpt from Catastrophic History, but also divulges a few details about the boys of her story. And Oh. My. Swiss. Cheese... Patrick!! He's such a funny, vibrant soul. This boy will constantly have you smiling and when all is revealed at the end? My heart can be seen fluttering high above Golden Gate Bridge.

Teaser & Guest Post - Jess Rothenberg

I tried so hard to fight the tears, but they came anyway. “Why me?” I screamed up to the sky. “WHY? What the hell did I do to deserve this? To deserve any of this?!” I collapsed against Patrick, sobbing. Hot, angry tears pouring out of me and into the sandy, soggy ground.

“It’s okay,” said Patrick, his voice soft and serious. For once. “I’m right here.”

He let me cry into his lap for I don’t know how long, right below a giant redwood tree on the edge of Highway 1. He stroked my hair. Told me everything would be okay. The stars were all out, twinkling and shining, and the ground had grown damp beneath us. I felt him lean back and slowly unzip his jacket. He placed it over me, and I snuggled in even closer. I was so angry and upset I could hardly keep my eyes open, like a little kid after a temper tantrum.

“I bet,” I whispered,” once upon a time, you made someone really, really happy.”

If Patrick answered me, I didn’t hear him. I had already fallen into a dark, distant, stormy sleep.

________

<3 About the Boys <3

So there are two guys running around in Catastrophic History…. The first is Jacob, the guy who broke Brie’s heart beyond repair, and who (she’ll discover all the way from the Great Beyond) could be hiding a major secret about the night she died.

And then there’s Patrick, a boy Brie meets in her version of the afterlife (a pizza parlor called Little Slice of Heaven), who died in the ‘80s and has been hanging around in a Top Gun-style leather jacket ever since. Patrick’s a bit of a lost soul who shows Brie the ropes of what it means to be Dead and Gone, and helps her navigate the five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, sadness, and acceptance) so she can finally move on.

<3 What makes Patrick so swoon-worthy? <3

To me, Patrick’s crazy sense of humor is what makes him so swoon-worthy! But he’s also very loyal, very kind, and has a really big heart. Which, for a girl who’s literally heart broken, comes in pretty handy! Still, don’t let his snarky one-liners fool you… because Patrick might just have a few big secrets of his own. Ooh la la. ;)

Are you clambering for a copy of this already? You should be! My fingers are already twitching toward my copy to reread. Trust me, you want to meet these boys to uncover their shocking secrets and of course, Patrick is 101% guaranteed to make you smile :) Plus Brie? I LOVE HER!

Hop over to Lisa's blog to read a sweet, yet touchingly sad teaser from Once by Anna Carey!

A
Oh my, a letter! Let's celebrate! By finding his friends in the Scavenger Hunt!
Full schedule of events can be found HERE.

24 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews for this book. It's high on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is being picked up Tuesday for sure. I can't wait to dive into it! You make it sound amazing and Jess Rothenberg describing the boys already has me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that was awesome. I wasn't sure I wanted to read this but after that teaser and all your words on the book have sold me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the teaser, I am really looking forward to this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man oh man oh man *sobs*
    Patrick. Whenever I think about Patrick and what he did now, I cry :'(

    </3

    It's so Romeo and Juliet, huh? *runs away and cries*
    I can't believe The Catastrophi History... it was just so, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely awesome! Even more excited for my book to arrive now! :) woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet he did make someone happy. *Sigh* Too bad he's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PATRICK SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! I want to read this book so BADLY!!! Aaaa, awesome teaser and guest post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I've heard such amazing things about this book. <3 Can't wait to get my hands on it! The teaser looked AWESOME. I know that you absolutely loved it so I feel like I REALLYYYYYYYY need to get this so that I can find out about this guy PATRICK! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good! Definitely gonna read this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is definitely on my wishlist. I've heard nothing but great things about it! Thanks for the teaser. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so curious about the boys!!! I want to know more about Jacob's secret.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read this book so badly!!! I fell in love with it first because of that GORGEOUS cover -- that seems to be a pattern for me LOL -- but the storyline sounds so amazing! And that teaser? Oh my gosh, I want my own Patrick SO MUCH. <333

    Can't wait can't wait can't wait for this book to come out! Any book that's guaranteed to make me smile is a book that I'm guaranteed to get! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, this sounds SO GOOD. I can't wait to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser, I definitely think Patrick made someone really happy. He is totally swoon-worthy. All the secrets these boys are hiding, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! I love the quote... and the sound of it! And I bet I'll be joining your and Lisa's fangirling after I've managed to get my hands on this one and devoured ittttt. Seriously cannot wait! Patrick sounds awesome!<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. PATRICKKKKKK <3 Awwwwww that teaser was CRUEL! Now I'm seriously DESPERATE to read this! Eeeee!! I can't wait to meet Patrick and Brie <3 Seriously even their names are PERFECT next to each other <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wasn't that much of a fan of this book, it just didn't really do it for me. But Patrick was just awesome, so lovely! I loved him!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ADORED this book. Patrick, I love him! Ahh :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm... I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book. The whole dying of a broken heart - literally - was a little weird for me. But if you say its good. Well.. I can't say no to that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The book is already on my wishlist from some time, and I can't wait for it to be released :) And this teaser just made me want it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I definitely want to read this book! I'm intrigued by the secrets and Patrick sounds great - I love guys with a sense of humour! :-D

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was already on my to read list but it is always good to know more about the book before i read it (it doesn't include spoilers!).

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved the teaser! Patrick sounds yummy~ And the Little Slice of Heaven is such an awesome name. Looking forward to reading this.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates