Sunday, March 25, 2012

Winners! Guest Posts! Team Katniss! Sequels!

I have been in a real blogging slump the past week or so, I've just have no inspiration to do anything. But I'm hoping to climb right out of that soon and what better way than a post with no direction! So this is just a mash-up of.... stuff!

Firstly, winners! Because I was lazy and didn't do winner announcement posts:

Black City ARC:
Sarah from saz101

Nightshade trilogy by Andrea Cremer:
Catherine

Yay, congrats ladies! I've already contacted them both. I hope to have some more droolworthy giveaways coming your way next month!
_______

Be sure to check out A Daydreamer's Thoughts this week as I'm doing two guest posts on her amazing blog - one featuring the best places to read, which I somehow managed to include a shirtless photo of Henry Cavill and also a post on my Top Book Boyfriends!
_______

I take it most of you have seen The Hunger Games by now? NO? WHY THE HECK NOT?!

Two words can sum up my entire thoughts on the movie: JENNIFER LAWRENCE! My god, that girl is incredible. You can all battle it out with your Team Peeta, Team Gale, Team Haymitch or Team Buttercup nonsense... but I have my Team Katniss tattoo inked proudly on my forehead.. The reaping scene in particular broke my heart :( 

I thought everything in District 12 and the Capitol was absolute PERFECTION. I did have a few minor issues with things during the actual games, but overall, I absolutely loved it. It's probably my favourite book to movie adaptation ever. Is it time for the dvd to be released yet?!
_______

And to end on the post-with-no-real-meaning - have you guys realised just how many amazing sequels are coming out this year? Well, probably, since you're all avid readers, but seriously... THERE ARE SO MANY AMAZING SEQUELS COMING OUT THIS YEAR. Which am I most excited for?

 The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead, Spark by Brigid Kemmerer, Insurgent by Veronica Roth

 Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake, Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

And those yet to be graced with orgasmic covers... Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor, Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson, Dearly Beloved by Lia Habel, Patriot by Marie Lu, Unwholly by Neal Shusterman, Blood Storm by Rhiannon Hart.

Their predecessors were all BRILLIANT and became some of my favourite reads of 2011 and 2012. Many, like Bloodlines and Daughter of Smoke and Bone left us on cliffhangers that made us rip every strand of hair from our heads, while others offered a taste of what's to come or were just so damn good that the idea of not returning to the characters and their world again left us with a deep ache in our hearts (I'm looking at you, Brigid Kemmerer). And of course, there's Unwind, which fans have been waiting on a sequel for HOW many years now?! Finally, 2012 is the year!

Which sequels are you jumping up and down in giddy delight to read? And what did you think of The Hunger Games? And what colour underwear are you wearing today? Might aswell ask while we're playing 20 Questions...

15 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners! And I can't go see the Hunger Games as planned, because I'm attending a signing next week and I'm using every drop of my measly savings.

    Sequels! I love sequels as much as I love standalones, but I'm some I'm DYING FOR like Onyx (Daemon, Daemon, AND MORE DAEMON!), Dearly, Beloved, Insurgent, and The Golden Lily (HELL YES!)! I'm so stoked for these to just come out already :)

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Team Katniss fully (at least until Finnick shows up....haha). I loved the movie too. AMAZING!

    As for sequels...The Evolution of Mara Dyer! PLEASE CAN I HAVE IT NOW?! So excited. Insurgent, Dearly Beloved, and the Cassandra Clare novels coming out this year are high on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners. I saw Hunger Games . . . I mean seriously who hasn't???? I absolutely LOVED the film. As for the sequels . . . I'm seriously dying here. Why must they take so long to come out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totes agree with you, I am SO Team Katniss. Been wearing my "May the Odds be Ever in Your Favour" bangle since thursday. Also Team Gale tho ;) Definitely my favourite book to movie adaptation as well!!

    I'm SO stoked for Insurgent...seriously. I cannot wait. And The Golden Lily...ahh Adrian Ivashkov. My heart will always belong to you/

    LOVE your post of no direction Brodie, tho I hope you find your way out of your blogging slump soon, I love your blog!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a post! I've yet to see The Hunger Games, though I am SO excited! May take my Mum with me this we :)

    And oooh, thanks for the reminderof all the books coming out this year! Fun fun! Shall be keeping an eye out for your guest posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are sooooooooooooooooo many good sequels coming out this year. I cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! SPARK, I'm sure, and INSURGENT, YES, and ONYX once I work up the nerve to read OBSIDIAN... LOSING LILA and UNWHOLLY, yes. My most anticipated sequels are, hmm, definitely BITTERBLUE and INSURGENT, and if you haven't read it yet, WAKING STORMS is *amazing* ....I need sequels to THE PLEDGE and ALL THESE THINGS I'VE DONE and...I could make a huge list, so I'll stop now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BROOOOODIIIEEEEE! BLACK CITY! SARAH! SARAH THANKS YOU! AND PAVAN! *spins* WEEEEEEEEEE!

    Mahahahaha!
    Eeeee! This is the first I've seen the cover for the Storm sequel... eee... Brodie? I read it as 'Spank'. >___<

    WAIT! Losing Lila cover has been released? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING THIS? AND!!! *FREAKS OUT*
    You may do as many random posts as you like. Sarah likes them :D

    WAIT. I LIKE THEM.
    I don't know where the third person has come from :S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, 2012 is a year full of fantastic sequels, if only we could press fast forward so we could read them all NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, you come up with the FUNNIEST titles EVER <3 Eeeee! Congratz to the winners<3 Okayy, I'll confess; i was secretly hoping Catherine would, for some reason NOT reply to your email, so then I'll have another shot at winning! hahaaa *hides* DON'T KILL ME CATHERINE! But..CONGRATZ CATHERINE & SARAHHH <333

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE HUNGER GAMES YET!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGA DIOSAHDOISDSIOAHDOISAHSOAIHDSAOIHDAHADHSAIHASIU BUT I'LL BE WATCHING IT THIS WEEK! (hopefully) ON FRIDAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I SOOOOO CANNOT WAIT<333

    OH MY GOODNESS<333 TALK ABOUT COVER ORGASM! I SERIOUSLY WANT TO READ THOSE BOOKS N.O.W. LIKE IMMEDIATELY. LIKE,DESPERATE AS IN I WOULD GIVE UP MY FIRST CHILD TO READ THOSE! Ohhhh goshh..I NEED TO READ OBSIDIAN & ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD! WHY AREN'T THEY PUBLISHED IN AUSTRALIA?!?!?!??! (I would buy them off Book Depo, but like....i sorta don't own a credit card sooo...that makes buying books online a little...difficult!)

    LMAO YOUR POST WITH NO REAL MEANING! hahahhaha they're freaking HILARIOUS<3 You should totally post more 'no direction' posts! (Okayy...that just totally reminded me of ONE DIRECTION! Which also reminds me..are they even in Aus yet?!?! Not that I'm a fan or anything..but considering the fact that every single table i sit on at school has been graffitied by overly obsessed fans with HARRY STYLES! and LIAM (something..SORRY!) and the lyrics to ONE THING..right..now my rambling's totally meaningless but WHATEVER. I feel like procrastinating sooo I might as well do it on your blog! HA!)

    OHHH AND LAINI TAYLOR'S BOOKS HAVE THE MOST AWESOME NAMES EVER<33333 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I SERIOUSLY HAVE TO GET STARTED ON DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONEEEEEEE! hehehehehheeeee

    AND ON ANOTHER NOTE, GOLDEN LILY WILL BE OUT SOONNNNNNN<333333 I don't know whether I should be excited or not since there's obviously going to be ANOTHER cliffhanger and I'll certainly DIE from the wait this time round... *sigh*

    Anywayy..I cannot be bothered to read everything I've written & check for typos/whatever..so just ignore all the mistakes, yeah?

    CIAOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm SOSOSO excited about Onyx! And that cover?! Oh my!! *fans self* ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see THE GOLDEN LILY! This is me *squeee!*

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hunger Games movie...I'm still in shock at its awesomeness. And INSURGENT! NOT LONG LEFT! SOOO EXCITED! Sorry you've been in a slump recently (it happens to everyone), but don't force yourself and just do what you enjoy :). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, BRODIE!! *bearhugs* I hope you get pulled out of your reading slump soon! Those things are like the mortal enemies for all bloggers, and I kind of wish they could be tangible so I could stomp on them. But heeeeeey, April is going to be an AMAZING month with AMAZING releases (and you'll get to hear about everyone fangirling about Storm! <3) so hopefully they can fish you right out! :)

    A million YESES to Jennifer Lawrence!!! That girl has TALENT. She is AMAZING. Post-HG movie, I went and researched as many interviews with her in it as I possibly could and she's such a charming actor! If I ever travel to Australia and meet you, we are going to invite JL so we can have an epic coffee date! :D

    And ohmysweetgoodness, all of those sequels deserve a million hearts!! <3 The Golden Lily! Insurgent! Girl of Nightmares! Onyx! And even though I haven't read Storm yet -- SPARK!!! (Plus, I really want to read the sequel to Unwind too -- I had no idea that it was finally coming out!! :D)

    In short: You may have thrown this post together but it was still as AMAZING as always! :) I hope you have a fantastically awesome day, Brodie! Hopefully your inspiration will come in gallons soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post-with-no-meaning. A mash-up like this is exactly what I feel like doing sometimes! :D

    I am super excited about all the sequels that are coming out this year! Insurgent and Onyx are probably in my top ten. I'm literally dying a little as I wait for them (but not long to go now!) Let's hope the wait is worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an amazing movie, the Hunger Games- I watched it the Thursday it came out here, they didn't do a midnight screening here and it only opened at 10.30 in the morning- there were 8 people including me there to see it! I adored it!
    Romi.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates