Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting On.... Some Kickass Heroines!

 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Jay Kristoff
Release Date: 1st September 2012
Publisher: Pan Macmillan
Add it: Goodreads
A DYING LAND
The Shima Imperium is verging on the brink of environmental collapse; decimated by clockwork industrialization and the machine-worshippers of the Lotus Guild. The skies are red as blood, land choked with toxic pollution, wildlife ravaged by mass extinctions.

AN IMPOSSIBLE QUEST
The hunters of the imperial court are charged by their Shōgun to capture a thunder tiger—a legendary beast, half-eagle, half-tiger. But any fool knows thunder tigers have been extinct for more than a century, and the price of failing the Shōgun is death.

A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL
Yukiko is a child of the Fox clan, possessed of a hidden gift that would see her executed by the Lotus Guild. Accompanying her father on the Shōgun’s hunt, she finds herself stranded: a young woman alone in Shima’s last wilderness, with only a furious, crippled thunder tiger for company. Even though she can hear his thoughts, even though she saved his life, all she knows for certain is he’d rather see her dead than help her.

But together, the pair will form an indomitable friendship, and rise to challenge the might of an empire.



Author: Elsie Chapman
Release Date: 26th February 2013
Publisher: Random House
Add it: Goodreads

Would you live through the ultimate test of survival?

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her

Stormdancer: I think every mother and her illegitimate son are excited for this book. It screams READ ME!! As most of you know, the US cover was recently released, but I'm featuring the UK cover because it's the same that will be used by Australia! YES. Australia is publishing this too... cue the SQUEE! Our cover has both elegance and an undertone that whispers, 'One step closer and I'll extract your kidneys with my super scary katana.' I am predicting awesome on an EPIC scale from Stormdancer.

Dualed: Heroine has been trained throughout her short 15 years of life to kill her "genetic Alternate" aka twin version of herself in order to prove she's a worthy citizen? If that doesn't suggest TWISTED SOCIETY (but secretly, between you and me... kinda freaking AWESOME), I don't know what does. What's more twisted is we have to wait until 2013 to get this deadly book in our hands.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
And which kickbutt heroines (and heroes) are you frothing at the mouth to finally meet?

20 comments:

  1. Aahahahaha! "One step closer and I'll extract your kidneys with my super scary katana." Oooh, it's like you're talking to ME! ^__^

    Seriously, though... if you get this book before me, I may just rob you. And I don't think I'm even kidding O___O

    AND DUAAAALLLEDDDD! YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSS! MIEN! I MEAN MINE! BUT I THINK THEY BOTH MEAN SIMILAR THINGS. DSAJHFGAJDFAHG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... hee... heh.... *says nothing* *crawls underground and does not resurface*

      Delete
  2. These books look awesome! By the way your header kicks ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DYING HERE FOR THESE BOOKS! *dies from awesomeness*

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEE, I can't wait to read Stormdancer! *needs it now*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I am dying to read both of these books! Stormdancer sounds epic and I LOVE the cover, and Dualed sounds awesome too! Though Dualed is out in 2013... That's just cruelty.

    Amazing picks, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thunder tiger? That's a gryphon with stripes, non? SQUEEE! I adore gryphons, and I am now so excited for this book. Frankly, I would read a laundry detergent box if it featured thunder tigers. Thanks for telling us about it! (Well, my brain thanks you. My wallet, not so much.) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dualed sounds kind of freaking awesome super scary if you ask me! Thank you for putting Dualed on my radar, Brodie.

    Stormdancer... I feel like a fangirl already so the book better live up to my expectations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to Stormdancer and I haven't heard much about Dualed but it sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog header! I'm seeing Dualed on a lot of lists this week. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dualed sounds AMAZING! Having to kill a twin version of yourself? Creepy but like you said AWESOME! Very much looking forward to that one. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these sound absolutely awesome. Kickass heroines ftw! :P I especially love the sound of Dualed - imagine having to fight and kill another version of yourself o_O. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great picks! I'm especially excited for Dualed! I mean, the premise definitely sounds very twisted, but super interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm extremely excited about both of these books too. Especially Stormdancer. A) because it's in Asia, and I love Asian setting B) she's got a freaking katana and knows how to use it too c) it's STEEEMPUUUUNK!
    Yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh, YES PLEASE. Two great picks - I am especially excited for the JAPANESE STEAMPUNK!?! Awesomesauce.

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah-mazing! Stormdancer=awesomeness and Dualed=squee!
    Soooo great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two words just keep repeating themselves in my head...

    Japanese
    Steampunk

    How can you get more awesome than that?! YOU CAN'T! I am DYING to read Stormdancer... it just sounds flipping amazing. And the UK/AUS cover? I kind of want to elope with it. It's the perfect blend of peaceful and dangerous and it still holds that Japanese cultural aspect too. AHH <3

    And then Dualed - what a CREEPY concept. Of course, it's also definitely intriguing and read-worthy (pine-worthy). Imagine having to fight a version of yourself o_O I mean, even just the samples of that from The Iron Knight and Insurgent were enough to get me crazy excited. I think to defeat myself I'd just bring some sparkly objects... LOL.

    Awesome picks Brodie, you kickass heroine! (Of my own personal story that stars you of course.....)

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brodie, you're awesome! Thank you so much making DUALED one of your WoW picks this week! I'm always blown away to know readers are looking forward to it :) February. EEPS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo... I'm totally in love with both of these now. o: I need to read them! I'll just rush right away to add them to my need-to-read list. And after reading your new feature, Dualed seems even more awesome to me! Wannnnt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates