Thursday, June 28, 2012

Harry Potter Post 2.0: Just because it's fun!


I know, I know, I know. Two Potter-themed posts in as many days? Well... I... erm... hmm.

[has no legitimate excuse]

This is just a 'chill' week with posting. I won't have a new review up until Friday, so in the absence of any new content (I COULD do a news post because OMG have you seen all the amazing cover reveals lately?!), I wish to share the findings of my 3am youtube ventures from the other night. Maybe I was delirious from lack of sleep or maybe nargles got to my brain, but I was cracking up laughing at these!


FIRST: This video is one of those inspired by "Sh!t Girls Say"... Harry Potter style! AND. IT. IS. SO. ME. Well... if I were a cute guy with a British accent ;) I swear, I've even done the lame things like Lumos and the Dementors joke hahaha. And the J.K Rowling phone call and DOBBY. YES. YES. AND YES. Surely every Potter fan can relate to some of these? They've also done a "Stuff Hunger Games Fans Say" video!



And secondly: This is just FUN. And THERE ARE SO MANY REFERENCES. Snape and his Potter Pals song, Emma's haircut, Hagrid's umbrella wand, Weasley is our King, what I *think* is a disturbing reference to Equus with Harry's... love of the horsie LOL. And SO many more. You have to watch each of them for all the little nuggets and reactions to one another than are just fun to watch.


 Do you have any favourite Potter (or other fandom) videos?

P.S I'm way beyond commenting on my regular blog hangouts, but I'll come by and stalk you tomorrow after a few hours sleep, promise! *creeper face on*

Edit: I'm sure most of you have seen this one, but just because the crazy amazing Miriam never lets me forget it after I made the mistake showed her it's awesomeness one night, I have to link to this. HARRY POTTER FRIDAY PARODY. LOVE! By the Hillywood Show! I can NEVER get that out of my head hahaha.

19 comments:

  1. These were a great way to start off my day. I often surf YouTube when I can't sleep too. There is something so fun about book related videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic Potter-related post Brodie! I love Potter Puppet Pals and my favorite Potter Videos have to be A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel! They're hilarious, amusing, and a great way to remember the magic!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen to E5. QUEEN TO E5! LOL. I LOVED that video. The theme park line made me laugh so much. And the JKR phone call and ahh. I love you for posting this, Brodie.

    Hermione can't draw! Lol, gotta love AVPS references :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, they were hilarious! I actually don't know any others. I don't think to look for these kinds of things. Though my cousin has said I should watch the harry potter musical, lol.

    I'M GINGER! I CAN BE A GINGER FRIEND! :D Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never need to have an excuse to post about Potter!

    The Shit Harry Potter fans say was so freaking funny! Love it!

    My favorite is definitely A Very Potter Musical. And A Very Potter Sequel. I could watch it every day and never get sick of it! Haha. If you haven't seen them you really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! Love these. One day during my animal anatomy class my friends and I seriously watched so many Harry Potter Youtube videos! My favorite is the Hogwarts: Which House Are You? It's so funny, and slightly offensive towards Hufflepuffs!

    Hahha! Great post. Seriously made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing these videos, Brodie! Loved the "Stuff Fans of the Hunger Games Say" one in particular. Will have to remember the line "may the odds be ever in your favour" the next time I play cards, LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMG that last quote gave me chills right then... awesome stuff :) Love love love the HP series! I haven't read them since Deathly Hallows was released - I feel a re-read coming on very soon :)
    -Angelya
    www.oakenbookcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. No such thing as too many Harry Potter posts. Just saying. Lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hillywood Show has the best HP parody above all. Anyway great post yet again. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Hillywood Show! Their Harry Potter parody is my favorite! Has anyone seen the How It Should Have Ended Harry Potter parody? It's pretty funny too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's always a valid excuse to have a Harry Potter post! ;) I love Stuff Harry Potter Fans say... how can you not say lumos every time you switch the lights on, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love how much you love HP, hun! The lumos thing was hilarious, how have I never heard about that before?!

    Enjoy catching up on your sleepy-sleeps! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. This is AMAZING. More more more. I'm going to self combust now.
    Those videos... they're so great! Everything about this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh, Brodie, guess what?? I FINALLY HAVE THE FIRST THREE BOOKS ON MY SHELF! Technically they're my sisters because she got them for Christmas from a friend last year, but since they were sitting untouched under her best forever, she decided to give them to me!! Soon I can finally join all of your Potter-gushing! :D And the Stuff Harry Potter Fans say video is SO fun and definitely SO you, Brodie -- I love it!! x)

    I'll never EVER get tired of your enthusiasm <3 Although I guess even hyper-like-coffee girls like us need sleep sometimes too LOL :') I hope you got enough!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Brodie <3

    This post just made me chuckle. You KNOW I love everything HP and these vids have had me in hysterics.

    Thank you so much.
    love yooou <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, so I'm SLOOOOOWLLLLLLY getting through the backlog of posts I missed when I was away... err... two weeks ago? My favorite fandom videos? POTTER PALS!
    ANGST. ANGST. ANGST. ANGST. ANGST.

    BOTHERBOTHERBOTHERBOTHERBOTHERBOTHERBOTHER


    That is all ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL, omg I love the first one! That was so me and my hp-addicted friend *giggles* And Miriam is awesome for showing that to you, because I so love that clip! Completely awesome. Hahah, a clip I also love is a rap battle I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTHn5oFPmi8

    I love HP themed posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates