Thursday, June 14, 2012

June Book Hype

Things have been a little quiet here this week, purely due to an evil demon we shall refer to as Procrastination. It also goes under the disguise of Sir. Lazylots. I've been terrible and haven't written any reviews or done anything at all, BUT. I've been reading, at least! So I'll have some reviews for you soon (one featuring a heart-stopping, green-eyed Moroi tomorrow, if I stop watching Nikita fanvids on youtube and write it).

Since I have nothing for you, I thought I'd feature some other fabulous reviewers! The following are just six of the June releases that I am ridiculously excited about and if you're not already, READ ON. BE SWAYED. GIVE INTO AFOREMENTIONED FABULOUS REVIEWERS COMPULSION. I hope they don't mind me quoting them, I did link back to their blogs and reviews for you all to check out!
_____

 The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Jo from Once Upon A Bookcase says: "THE ENDING! Oh. My. WORD! How anyone is going to be able to coherently talk about the end is beyond me. All I feel like saying is, "DIKARHGKHFDGAJKYUG!!!!!!" - read her review.

Brodie from You're Reading Her Blog says: "DIKARHGKHFDGAJKYUG!!!!!!" - you can read her gushy review tomorrow.

For Darkness Shows The Stars by Diana Peterfreund

Anna from Literary Exploration says: "I'm still reeling from the emotional turmoil that For Darkness Shows the Stars put me through. Peterfreund had me laughing, crying, and screaming over the course of 400 pages." - read her review

Aylee from Recovering Potter Addict says: "For Darkness Shows the Stars is a beautiful and engrossing novel and a definite must read. The originality of the futuristic, dystopian world that read more like a historical fiction novel of Jane Austen's time and the strength and goodness of the story's protagonist made For Darkness Shows the Stars a stand-out read." - read her review.


Shadows Cast by Stars by Catherine Knutsson

Dark Faerie Tales says: "Just when you think you’ve got the plot pegged or a character, Knutsson surprises you with a twist and changes your expectations. For someone who reads a lot of young adult and can usually guess the rest of a story, it’s a refreshing change. This story crosses the boundaries of fantasy and science fiction, creating a dystopian with an alluring back story that keeps tension high and the pages turning." - read her review.


Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (titled The Gathering Dark in UK/AUS)

Sam from Realm of Fiction says: "The pacing is superb, the climax is faultless, and the immaculate blend of fantasy, action and romance really did make this book ‘unputdownable’."- read her review.

Sonia from The Story Queen says: "I LOVE it when a book can make me feel something so strongly and then just flip it all inside out and have me totally reconsider. It hasn't happened in a while but with Shadow and Bone? Definitely. The plot of this book just keeps on rolling and what begins as a seemingly ordinary journey soon develops into a fast-paced thrill ride." - read her review.


My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Becca from Reading Wishes says: "Huntley Fitzpatrick has written a splendid debut, full of charm, wit and originality. If you’re looking for a beautiful contemporary story with a sweet, charming romance and believable characters, look no further because My Life Next Door has it all!" - read her review.


Tamlyn (Silvermay #2) by James Moloney
Add or Buy: Goodreads | Amazon | Fishpond

Kerrie from Two Girls And A Novel says: "I think one of the things I loved about this series is that it does transport you to that era where women are not seen as equals, and yet Silvermay is such a strong female character. She willingly goes on dangerous quests and is willing to fight and die for the people she loves. I don’t think there is anything better then reading about strong women like Silvermay." - read her review.


What June releases would you be willing to run naked to the bookstore for? Or at least in your pyjama's the morning of release ;)

15 comments:

  1. The Golden Lily was SOOOOOOOOO GOOOD! I am insanely excited for Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent, out June in US and July in UK...I can't wait those extra 10 days

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great sounding books there! Thank you for quoting my TGL review! You're too awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Thanks for the mention! <333 My Life Next Door releases today - EEEE! So swoony. *faints*

    Brodie from You're Reading Her Blog says: "DIKARHGKHFDGAJKYUG!!!!!!" - you can read her gushy review tomorrow.
    HA! You are so brilliant, how do you do it? ;D

    Have I mentioned lately that you are AMAZING. P.S - Procrastination sucks. Apart from the review I posted yesterday, I hadn't blogged for week. FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.P.S - I'd be excited for TGL but first I need to read Bloodlines! It still hasn't arrived.. Shadow and Bone looks good too! I don't read much fantasy but I've only heard FAB things!

      Have I mentioned that I adore you in the last few minutes? If so, well some more lovin' can't hurt can it? WUV YOU. <333

      Delete
  4. my life next door and shadows cast by stars
    yesssss

    ReplyDelete
  5. My copy of TGL is on its way to me . . . can't wait to read it. At the moment I'm reading Shadow and Bone which I can't wait to dive more into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadows Cast by Stars and For Darkness Shows the Stars are the two I am most looking forward to reading. Funny that they have similar names. :P Plus Shadow & Bone deserves ALL the hype it gets! I am IN LOVE with that book - thank you for featuring my review! (I feel famous now) ;)

    Oh and by the way, Procrastination has been knocking round my door in the last few days too - every single time I sit down to write a review. Surely there must be a cure by now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reviews for The Golden Lily are KILLING ME because I'm about to -- finally! -- start it. Killer ending? AHHHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I already read TGL and loved it too! Adrian is amazing and like i said on Goodreads, I love the ending so much, one of the best endings ever written.
    I'm excited to read all of these books. I really liked the short tidbits of all the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE GOLDEN LILY! Oh my gosh, what I would do for a copy of that right now :') And I pre-ordered My Life Next Door too which should arrive at my house next week and I'm SO excited to start it! I've heard that Jase is one swoon-worthy male character, and I've also heard that there's a little boy named George in it who deserves my love <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUDEEEEEEEEE YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE A GIRL DESPERATE FOR BOOKS!!!! THE GOLDEN LILYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I'M GOING TO BUY IT TOMORROW - I NEED IT DESPERATELY. IM STILL SHAKING MY. FIST AT THAT KILLER ENDING! NEED.IT.THIS.INSTANT.

    I read one chapter of For Darkness Shows the Stars on HarperTeen's website, and gawddddd I LOVE IT! Cant wait to read the whole book! <3 ANYWAYYYYYY AWESOME LIST BRODIEEEEEE! Hope you get to read them ALL soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shadow and Bone!!! Yaaaay, me WANT. Not sure if I'm desperate enough to shed my clothes but I'm nearly there.

    I need to read the rest of the VA series, I can never seem to finish a series even if I love it. I seem to have a problem of starting to many and not finishing any of them :/

    Sir Lazylots? LOL Yeah, well he can be a good friend sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was such a fun post. I love that you highlighted the bloggers that made you crazy excited for books. Super excited to read your reviews for some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Life Next Door sounds like a good one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ASDFGHJK! I'M SO EXCITED TO READ TGL! AND SHADOW AND BONE! AND MY LIFE NEXT DOOR! AND... Errr... yeah, so all of them -___-
    I LIKE ROUND-UPS LIKE THIS.
    MORE I SAY! MORE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates