Monday, August 20, 2012

Calling All Aspiring Writers! (Plus man candy. Nom)




Calling all aspiring writers! 

Those amazing, hard-working Professional Bookworms at Harlequin Australia have just launched their very own 'digital first publishing imprint'.

"Wuzzat, Brodie?" you ask. Well, in their own words:
Our mission: To connect readers all around the world with the stories they want to read. 
We love romance, all romance, so when we imagined Harlequin Escape, we imagined an imprint without restrictions, where romance readers can find the romance they want, in the style they want, at the length they want, whenever they want. In short, you want it – we’ve got it.

If it’s science fiction, fantasy, contemporary, historical, erotic, inspirational romance, urban fantasy, paranormal – or any mixture of the above, Harlequin Escape’s got it. We offer all levels of sensuality from the sweetest kisses to the hottest encounters. We offer different lengths, from short stories through novellas to full length novels. Our novels are standalone, loosely connected, or part of an ongoing series.

Harlequin Escape sources stories from all over the world, but maintains a strong local focus, with Australian authors telling Australian stories in their indomitable Australian style. All stories are DRM free, and available world-wide.

"THAT'S SO AWESOME. But how is that going to help me, the aspiring writer?" WELL...

Harlequin Escape is landing portal for open manuscript submissions to expand on local acquisition and to unearth new Australian writing talent.

The traditional publishing model, of sending manuscripts in, can be daunting and difficult to navigate. So we’ve created a portal where authors can openly and easily submit their work online, which creates the opportunity for more potential new authors.

So dust off those manuscripts lurking in your desk drawers and start submitting!! What have you got to lose? Soon, it could be YOUR novel us bloggers are gushing over.

Want to know more about Harlequin Escape? CLICK ME! 
Ready to submit your future bestselling novel? CLICK ME!
Want inspiration from the Harlequin Escape blog? CLICK ME!
Want to feast your eyes on a sexy Harlequin boy? LOOK BELOW!

While we're on the topic of Harlequin being awesome, they've just revealed the Australian cover for THE LOST PRINCE, little Ethan... grown-up-and-sexy Ethan's spin-off story in The Iron Fey series.

While this one covers up his chest, I think I actually like it better. His eyes look less creepy compared to the US one and I like the focus on the side of his face, with the hint of the design on his chest. 

What about you?!

Who else is excited to read The Lost Prince??


18 comments:

  1. In regards to the Lost Prince cover I like it better too as he’s closer and it’s less likely that a boy will be scared from picking this up in the store because of the topless bod. Really love the change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRUE THAT. I love that this will appeal more to boys aswell as girls, because Julie's stories really cater for both genders. Overall, I think the design works better. Can't wait to see it lining my shelves! :)

      Delete
  2. Loving this The Lost Prince cover! Love it much more than the other one! So yay for that! I also got an email about this new publishing thing and it sounds so amazing! If only I had a polished manuscript waiting to send to them . . . must get to it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like everyone prefers the Aussie cover! <3 And ERIN. YOU. GET ON THAT MANUSCRIPT. NOW. You've been teasing us for way too long with your incredible-sounding novels and I'm ready for some of those kickbutt heroines to occupy my ereader ;)

      Delete
  3. I defo prefer this cover! And aren't Harlequin just amazeballs? This sight is fantastic. Now just to finish my manuscript...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HarlequinTeen know the way to an Aussie heart; they make an amazing cover even more amazing and offer such fantastic opportunities for aspiring writers. You all need to stop thinking about living a real life and hurry up with those manuscripts! Please :)

      Delete
  4. agreed less creepy . gr8 post brodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover so much better as well, Brodie! Somehow, Australian covers are always better than the US ones...I should just move to Australia already! ;) Thanks for sharing! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem..I can't believe cute Ethan grew up to be this..this.. *looks at cover* you know what I mean! I haz the egalley from Netgalley and I'm gonna read it soon..as soon as I can. :) Great post Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! First of all LOVE the cover (and Ethan)! I am SO looking forward to the Lost Prince!!! And great news from Harlequin :-) Thanks for sharing.

    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I prefer this cover too! I like the less creepy eyes :P. Just got this book from NG and can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* Clearly Australia is hoarding all the awesome* because this is SUCH a cool idea!

    I LOVE THE AUSSIE COVER! Yes, so right about the creepy eyes and though I miss the sight of Ethan's chest (ahem) his gorgeous face more than makes up for it ;) I can't wait for you to read The Lost Prince if you haven't already! I read it a few nights back and LOVE <3 Ethan is such an awesome MC and the love interest is great toooooo :D

    * You are included in the awesome count. Feel free to give yourself over to Canada.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh, I love this cover much more than the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read about Ethan.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Romance is nearly always a must in my books so I like the thought of Harlequin Escape. And wow, love the Aussie cover for The Lost Prince! I wonder if it's the UK cover too? (They're usually the same!) It's weird thinking of baby Ethan all grown up and... sexy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. THE LOST PRINCE WAS SO GOOD! I feel like such a creep for thinking Ethan's hot... but yeah there's no denying it. And I actually like the Aussie cover better than the US one... even though it covers up his chest.. haha(:

    And thanks for sharing about the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BRODIE.
    I COMMENTED ON THIS.

    I DID.

    I SWEAR I SWEAR I SWEAR O__O

    I like the AU Lost Prince SOOOO much more! I think the guy's actually kind of hot this time round -- his eyes don't creep the shit out of me. LOVE the crop. So cool ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the AU cover of The Lost Prince so much more. It beats our cover, no question. I can not wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates