Thursday, September 13, 2012

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover #4

There's no denying a beautiful cover helps influence our decision in buying a book. And hey, we're shallow creatures! So this is an opportunity to not judge a book by it's cover and solely by it's fantastic summary. Of course, no cover means that the release date is likely a long way off, but it's a chance to add it to your Goodreads lists and stay up to date when the exciting cover reveal does come!


This week's pick...

Whispertown by L.R Giles

Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: Summer 2013
Add Whispertown to Goodreads
Nick Pearson is pretending to be someone he isn’t. Not high school pretending. Witness Protection pretending. And the #1 rule is “stay low-key”. But, when his sole friend Eli dies in the school’s journalism room under mysterious circumstances, and Nick stumbles upon the conspiracy Eli planned on exposing, staying low-key takes a backseat to staying alive.

Newspaper Nerd Eli had a secret, an in-the-works story codenamed “Whispertown”. And it’s got a lot of folks interested. Like corrupt cops, the town’s shady mayor, and certain high-ranking government officials. Teaming with Eli’s estranged (and gorgeous) sister, Nick sets out to unravel the mystery and still maintain his cover. He’ll have to use all the deviant skills he’s gained from his racketeering dad, assassin godfather, and their Serbian gangster boss to find the truth. However, each clue brings him closer to answers he may not want. Whispertown is bigger than he could have ever imagined, and in its shadow stands a killer…a killer Nick fears may be his own father.

My thoughts:

Do I even need to explain this one? It had me at "Witness Protection" and then coaxed out my inner fangirl with mention of conspiracy, murder, corrupt cops, gangster bosses, and an ASSASSIN GODFATHER. Not to mention a killer who may be Nick's freaking father. Damn. Everything about Whispertown screams awesome. I dunno about you, but any book that features an assassin godfather is pretty high on my wishlist :)

You can find L.R Giles at:

12 comments:

  1. This one had me at Witness Protection too! Sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound cool and like yourself was interested with the words Witness Protection Program. I bet this will have a killer cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, this doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all. I don't like the idea of corruption in real life, and so many bad people in one place. I'm not making much sense, but nah, the sound of this one just doesn't do it for me, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word . . . AWESOME! Enough said. Great pick, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you find there's ebooks, but this one sounds freakin' awesome!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! I read a book featuring someone in Witness protection once and I really liked it. It's an interesting system that we don't really get to see because of how secretive it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Witness protection!? Yes please. I haven't read a story that has used witness protection, but I love all things criminal and suspenseful. Have you watched the CW show The Ringer? Witness Protection is a highlight in the show.

    s @ Oh! Paper Pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I haven't read a good crime-type of novel in SUCH a long time! I love the sound of this one, Brodie, so thank you for sharing! :) Excuse me while I go add this to my TBR Pile at once and fangirl over an ASSASSIN GODFATHER! *faints* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I started reading the synopsis, I got a really clear image of the MC, I don't know why! And I like that it's a male POV!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, seriously, this sounds AMAZING. Assassin Godfather? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! GIMME GIMME GIMME! YES? And now I'm dying to go home and read Heist Society and Uncommon Criminals, even though I'm SURE they're going to be nothin alike :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh waaa ii oooooh ooh oooh . thank you brodie . going on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very excited for this one. For some reason, I have always been fascinated by books/films involving Witness Protection! So really looking forward to the release of this book :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates