Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #51

 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


 
Author: Jenna Black
Release Date: July 16th 2013
Publisher: Tor Teen
Add it: Goodreads
Breathtaking new YA SF from the author of the Faeriewalker series

Sixteen-year-old Nadia Lake comes from a high-class Executive family in the Corporate States. Her marriage has been arranged with the most powerful family in her state, which means she lives a life of privilege but also of public scrutiny, followed everywhere by photographers, every detail of her private life tabloid fodder. But her future is assured, as long as she can maintain her flawless public image — no easy feat when your betrothed is a notorious playboy.

Nathan Hayes is the heir of Paxco — controller of the former state of New York, and creator of human replication technology, science that every state and every country in the world would kill to have. Though Nadia and Nate aren’t in love, they’ve grown up close, and they (and the world) are happy enough with their match.

Until Nate turns up dead, and as far as everyone knows, Nadia was the last person to see him alive.

When the new Nate wakes up in the replication tanks, he knows he must have died, but with a memory that only reaches to his last memory backup, he doesn’t know what killed him. Together, Nadia and Nate must discover what really happened without revealing the secrets that those who run their world would kill to protect.


 
Author: Melissa Keil
Release Date: February 2013
Publisher: Hardie Grant Egmont
Add it: Goodreads
A YA romantic comedy about a movie geek and the dream girl he refuses to fall in love with.

Sam Kinnison is a geek, and he's totally fine with that. He has his horror movies, his nerdy friends, World of Warcraft - and until Princess Leia turns up in his bedroom, he doesn't have to worry about girls.

Then Camilla Carter arrives on the scene. She's beautiful, friendly and completely irrelevant to his plan. Sam is determined to ignore her, except that Camilla has a plan of her own - and he seems to be a part of it!

Sam believes that everything he needs to know he can learn from the movies - but now it looks like he's been watching the wrong ones.


Replica: Anyone read Jenna Black's Faeriewalker series? I've been wanting to for a long time and now her new series is no different. Human replication? Arranged marriages? Murder mystery? Hell yes, please!

Life In Outer Space:  I have two words for you: AUSSIE CONTEMPORARY. I think it's been proven many times that Australian writers are ridiculously talented, particularly in contemporary novels. This just sounds like such a fresh, FUN, entertaining book. It had me at,  "A YA romantic comedy about a movie geek and the dream girl he refuses to fall in love with." I can't wait to meet Sam :)

 What are you waiting on this insanely melting hot Wednesday?

18 comments:

  1. Woah, the cover for Replica is SO cool! I love sci-fi, so that's one I definitely want to check out. Aaannnddd Aussie Contemporary? SOLD! it sounds adorable and it's AUSSIE!!! Thanks for throwing these on my radar, Brodie! I can't wait for them to release now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life In Outer Space looks CUTE and FUN, plus it's Aussie! Also: the cover might not be my favourite but it is unique which is always nice because we know how repetitive covers can get! This is the first time I'm hearing of this so thank you lovely for bring it to my attention. I thank you muchly. Off to add it to my to-read list ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Brodie! I have read some of Jenna Black's books from her previous series. They're okay reads but nothing too epic. Still, her new book sounds really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. World of Warcraft and Princess Leia in the same sentence? I already like the sound of Sam! ;) That's going straight onto my wishlist. Replica sounds brilliant too! That's a pretty nice sci-fi cover. Great picks this week, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replica sounds really good! I love the concepts behind it. I'm not sure about Life in Outer Space, I haven't had as much experience with Aussie authors, so I think I'll wait for the reviews to trickle in. ;) Lovely picks this week, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! There are a wonderful group of amazing Aussie contemporaries (especially Jacklyn Moriarty's!) Wow, Replica and life in Outer space both sound amazing! Murder mysteries are definitely my favorite book plot lines and a interesting world- nice! Movie geeks- wonder if I like any of the same movies Sam will reference too. Thanks for the intro to both Brodie!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of Replica before, but I've added it to my list. Sounds pretty good :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of these yet.

    Hope you get to read it soon! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of neither (shame on me) but then you were like, AUSSIE CONTEMPORARY and I let a huge cheer and an appreciate whistle and then added it to my TBR pile. :) Also- space awesomeness for the first one! Sounds awesome! Fantastic duo picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUDE. (hope you don't mind being called that)... but DUDE. You are so right about Aussie contemporary. I've noticed it... those books are some of the best, and I'm so excited for Life in Outerspace now! Fantastic pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these look fantastic, but I'l crazy excited about Jenna Black's new book. I haven't read Faeriewalker, but I'm reading her adult series, Nikki Glass, and enjoying it immensely. The release date seems so far away!
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, Life in Outer Space looks and sounds amazing- I think it promises to be a completely adorable and mind blowing! And it's by an Australian author- double exclaimation!! Definitely adding it to my ever growing to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LIOS - I can't waitttttttt!

    And Replica looks cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. July 2013? NOOOOOO. I need Replica in my life NOW. Sounds so damn good. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh, awesome picks :D These books sounds great ;) I hope you'll enjoy them all. <3 :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Brodie! Why must you tease me with forthcoming books so?! Replica sounds AMAZING! I haven't read anything by Black before; though her name is familiar, I don't remember the names of her other books, so must go look up. But THIS SOUNDS AWESOME! Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

    Life in Outer Space sounds really good too! I do love me a bit of geeky fiction! Great WOWs, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do I not know of these books? WHICH SECRET DEVICE DO YOU USE, BRODIE?

    I haven't read Jenna's other series (but I should because, duh, faeries) but this one sounds so cool! I love that the romance element gets so knocked off course... Sounds like it'll be an interesting read! :D

    And ahh, Life in Outer Space has the CUTEST COVER <3 And too true about you Aussie superhumans... I must have this book! (Speaking of Aussie superhumans... apparently my friend is moving to Australia in a week and I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW?! To Canberra, I think? Just thought you should know your awesomeness level was increasing with some Canadians!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates