Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Young Adult 2012 Reader Choice Awards!


What a year. We've survived apocalypses, the dreaded Alice during Goodreads downtime and getting the news we have to wait another year for more Stephanie Perkins. But, on the bright side, from historical to contemporary, dystopian to paranormal, 2012 has been an amazing year for Young Adult fiction. The Goodreads Choice Awards are well underway, but I am bursting with excitement to be the sidekick to the clinically insane, yet delightful Sarah from saz101, to offer you the chance to have your say on the books you love, with a ‘choice awards’ just for Young Adult!

Guidelines:

  • The initial round of voting will run for 2 weeks, until the 15th of December. When votes are tallied, Finals will open, with the top 10 books in each category.
  • You may only vote for one book in each category
  • If you are voting for a book we've missed from the list, please ensure you enter the title as follows: BOOK NAME, AUTHOR NAME. This is crucial for us to correctly sort your vote.
  • Please make sure you include any 'the' prefixed to a book name. For instance, 'The Diviners by Libba Bray' is valid. 'Diviners by Libba Bray' is NOT.
  • Books from December 2011 through to December 2012 all qualify. If you're nominating a book not included on the list, please check the release date.
  • Have fun, and spread the word!





If the form doesn't load for you, please click here

23 comments:

  1. BRODKSY! That banner works quite well on your blog, I think :D

    DID YOU VOTE DID YOU VOTE?
    What's your fave for 2012?
    UtNS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT DOES, DOESN'T IT? This amazingly talented crazy made it for me. Her brains might be a little bit perfect.

      I DID VOTE. CAN YOU GUESS WHICH IS MINE?

      Also: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

      Delete
    2. Did you just vote UtNS UtNS UtNS DoBaS UtNS UtNS UtNS? :D

      Delete
    3. NO I DID NOT.

      It's not a contemporary OR historical, silly :P

      I gave Rossi love and Kemmerer love and Kincaid love and I can't remember the rest, BUT I WANT TO GO REREAD THEM ALL NOW =\

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! But I want ALL my favourites to win! Definitely will be interesting to see who makes it in the top 10 of each category :)

      Delete
  3. Love this, especially since it's being hosted by two of my favourite bloggers! ;D Seriously though, I think I might start weeping. So many good books and only so few votes to give out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DID YOU KNOW YOU'RE ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BLOGGERS EVER TOO?!
      I'm a little starstruck I make your favourites list, Mrs Becca Merrick *blushes*

      Eeek, I know! SO HARD!

      Delete
  4. Like I said over on Sarah's blog, YOU GUYS ARE SO CRUEL. I DO NOT LIKE HAVING TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MY FAVOURITE BOOKS!!!!! Too bad I wasn't able to pick Beautiful Disaster....Pushing The Limits beats every book anyday!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha given your twitter username, I'd be surprised if you voted for anything other than Pushing the Limits. You have done Noah proud :P

      Delete
  5. Oooh, this was tough! But fun! Oooh, can't wait to see who the winners are! Great idea Sarah and Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SARAH IS SO SMART. *makes love to her brain*

      Delete
  6. That was FUN! It was very hard to pick. I even picked some books I still have to read, but I just choose the ones I can't wait for :) I can't wait to see who the winners are :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Sneakily awesome idea, Mel! I'm super curious to see which books dominate. It's a little hard to anticipate, because there are so many in each category I could see having what it takes.

      Delete
  7. Ooh I must come back to do this when I have more time so I can give it some thought! It sounds funnn! I love filling in things like this and I can't wait to see the results. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! Except not really. Not when there are so many incredible books to choose from and I don't WANT to let Pick Favourite Book A over Favourite Book B *sobs*

      Delete
  8. Wow! AWESOME job guys!! Incredibly comprehensive list. (although I think you should be able to vote TWICE for best book brigidkemmererbrigidkemmerer hinthint;)
    Great to be able to vote for Brigid and some of my other favourites too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buahahaha I totally agree with you. Technically, we should be able to vote FIVE times for Kemmerer. One each for the Merrick's and Hunter, RIGHT?! :P

      Delete
    2. EXACTLY!! Sounds like Brigid is faring pretty well in the voting! Will be excited to see the final results!!

      Delete
  9. This is a great idea, ladies!

    One correction: Froi of the Exiles is listed under fantasy but it was released in OCTOBER 2011 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Froi is being listed under it's US release date, I think. It was released by Penguin Aus in 2011, but Candlewick in March 2012. So we can still sneak it in and spread the Marchetta love ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates